Make a free reservation
Check out diners' favourite restaurants in Alabama
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
At The House, true Southern hospitality is a way of life. Whether you're relaxing after a long day at the convention center or meeting with friends for a night downtown, you'll be enamored by our restaurant's congenial service, sophisticated ambiance and mouthwatering cuisine.
If you are not feeling well or showing symptoms of Covid-19 please do not enter the restaurant.
Please do not enter the restaurant without reservations. A staff member will come outside to arrange for a reservation.
Please maintain at least six feet of distance from the staff and other guests.
In addition to requirements from the State of Alabama Safer at Home Order, the City of Birmingham and the Jefferson County Department of Public Health we are taking the following additional precautions as posted on our website boccabirmingham.com.
We look forward to serving you.
Tom Saab and the Bocca Ristorante Staff
Nestled in the heart of Downtown Birmingham’s Financial and Theater District, Bistro 218 features side by side dining concepts.
Guests can enjoy a glass of wine or craft cocktail in our upscale casual bar room and indulge in a full bar menu under or proceed through the French doors into the main dining room and take pleasure in French classics paired with seasonally procured wines and local craft beers. Reservations are available in either room.
Ever changing menus are seasonal, with Gulf Coast influences and feature local foragers and farms supplying the best Alabama has to offer.
Bistro 218 honors the traditions of French bistros with minimalist decor in a historical setting. Dark Brazilian mahogany, high ceilings and exposed brick adorned with local art emanate a comforting yet elegant atmosphere that is perfect for a romantic dinner, a pre-theater meal or a relaxing night out.
Bellini's features 100% Prime Organic Beef, housemade pastas, veal, seafood and classic Tuscan Italian dishes. Bellini's maintains an extensive wine selection and weekly desert specials. Our bar opens weekdays at 4pm for drinks and dinner service begins at 5pm Monday to Saturday.
We have two private dining areas available for large parties. Our private dining room accommodates 20 to 25 patrons and features a 48" TV with audio visual capabilities. Our Intimate Dining room accommodates 10 to 15 patrons. Reservations are suggested.
Authentic Italian pasta, hand-made pizzas, fresh seafood and grilled chops and steaks offer something for everyone at Amerigo. A lunch, dinner, and early bird menu is offered daily, along with weekend brunch.
See what locals rave about in Alabama
- BWBandWvipAlabama •7 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWe always enjoy eating here. The food is always great and the service can’t be beat. We especially enjoy the flat bread with tomatoes and pepperoni! In our opinion, it’s a must, to start any meal.More infoSeasons 52 - Birmingham$$$$• American• Birmingham•4.5
- TWTheWhimsiestWave1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoThe ambiance was great. Overall, our server was excellent - she heard incorrectly, we ordered the way of the warrior and was brought winter warrior. We liked it regardless, so we didn't really complain about it. We ordered 3 rolls and only thing missing from our food was wasabi and ginger for all three. As far as helpfulness and friendliness, our server was 10/10. The food was hands down the most unique and best sushi we have ever had anywhere. The team looked like they had great camaraderie and unity. Thank you, we enjoyed our first experience at Blue Sushi.More infoBlue Sushi Sake Grill - Birmingham$$$$• Sushi• Vestavia Hills•4.7
- KBKimberlyB1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoNorth Italia is a great place for good service, good food and good drinks! The gluten free pizza and pasta options were exactly what I needed and they were outstanding! I will be a repeat customer and highly recommend for lunch and dinner.More infoNorth Italia Restaurant - Birmingham$$$$• Italian• Birmingham•4.6
- OTOpenTable Diner1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoMy wife and I went there for our anniversary and had a wonderful experience. The food and service was great! We will definitely go back.More infoBellini's Ristorante & Bar$$$$• Italian• Birmingham•4.8
- DGDeniseGAlabama •1 review5.0Dined on 2 Jan 2023Our server was nice and courteous but the food was not up to par. My steak was extremely over cooked to the point where is was visibly burned not sure why they would send that out to be consumed by a customerMore infoPerry's Steakhouse & Grille - Birmingham$$$$• Steakhouse• Birmingham•4.6
World-class Alabama restaurants astonish travelers and delight locals with favorite foods and unusual surroundings. Meals are served family-style and so are the rolls. Try restaurants highlighting Southern staples like crawfish eggrolls or seafood gumbo. Whether you choose to eat in a cave, restaurant, or springhouse, you will find Southern fried chicken and mustard greens for local flavor. Also, don’t skip the homemade pickles, fried catfish, and specially prepared grits served with Southern hospitality. Being the cultural melting pot that it is, Alabama is also a great place to find international favorites like pizza, sushi, and even Mexican-American classics like burritos and enchiladas.
Frequently asked questions
Healthy restaurants located in Alabama include Perry's Steakhouse & Grille - Birmingham, Firebirds Wood Fired Grill - Birmingham and North Italia Restaurant - Birmingham
Restaurants with gluten-free options in Alabama are Perry's Steakhouse & Grille - Birmingham, North Italia Restaurant - Birmingham and Firebirds Wood Fired Grill - Birmingham
Bottomless brunch in Alabama is available at Perry's Steakhouse & Grille - Birmingham, Firebirds Wood Fired Grill - Birmingham and North Italia Restaurant - Birmingham
The most romantic restaurant in Alabama is Perry's Steakhouse & Grille - Birmingham
Restaurants in Alabama with a great view include Perry's Steakhouse & Grille - Birmingham, Ironwood Kitchen & Cocktails and Rhythm On Monroe
- Sheraton Birmingham
- Indian Springs Shopping Center
- Five Points South Historic District
- Hamilton Square Shopping Center
- Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Downtown-Tutwiler
- Embassy Suites Huntsville
- Courtyard by Marriott Birmingham Downtown at UAB
- Anniston Museum of Natural History
- The Westin Huntsville
- Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport
- Jennings Ferry Public Use Area
- Valleydale Village Shopping Center
- Wind Creek State Park
- Downtown Birmingham Historic District
- HSV Airport
- DoubleTree by Hilton Montgomery Downtown
- Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport
- Oxford Stadium
- Memorial Park
- University of Alabama
- The Best Cheap Eats in Birmingham
- The Best Bars for Foodies in Birmingham
- The Best Restaurants in Birmingham
- The Best Brunch Restaurants in Birmingham
- The Best Burgers in Birmingham
- The Best Steakhouse Restaurants in Birmingham
- The Most Fun Restaurants in Birmingham
- The Best Wings in Birmingham
- Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in the South
- The Best Breakfast Restaurants in Birmingham
- 47 Alabama Restaurants to Love This Valentine's Day
- Discover the Best New Restaurants in Birmingham
- 19 Alabama Restaurants to Connect In For Mother's Day