Make a free reservation
Book for breakfast today in Chicago / Illinois
New restaurants to OpenTable in Chicago / Illinois
Award winning restaurants in Chicago / Illinois
See what locals rave about in Chicago
- OTOpenTable DinerIndiana •7 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoincredible service and food. they were very nice and helpfulMore infoAmerikas$$$$• Latin American• Oak Park•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinervipChicago / Illinois •7 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoIf you haven’t tried this restaurant yet, you’re missing out. Great food, great service. It’s a new little gem in Forest Park.More infoPiacere Mio$$$$• Italian• Forest Park•4.7
- RTRossTChicago / Illinois •19 reviews5.0Dined on 27 May 2023The food was great and the service excellent. We had a very enjoyable time.More infoThe Little Gem Restaurant$$$$• Contemporary American• Oak Park•4.5
- MMartaChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined on 2 Jan 2023Wonderful restaurant, with great food, ambience and service.More infoMaya Del Sol$$$$• Latin American• Oak Park•4.7
- LliseetgvipChicago / Illinois •18 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023Our server Alyssa was amazing and overall the whole service today was on point starting with the hostesses! Food wine perfect!More infoCooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Oak Park$$$$• American• Oak Park•4.5
Restaurant experiences trending in Chicago / Illinois
Discover more great restaurants
6 new restaurants making a splash in Chicago right now
Choose from a James Beard Award-winner led American restaurant in the Willis Tower or an easy breezy Northern Californian spot in the West Loop.
12 rooftop restaurants with the most dazzling views in the U.S.
Devour blazing sunset views from an Asian and Peruvian spot in Miami or sip on craft cocktails at a hotel lounge in San Francisco at the U.S.’s best rooftop restaurants.
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in Chicago
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Chicago
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Celebrate your special occasions at these 12 top Chicago restaurants
The Windy City has endless options when it comes to transforming a regular Saturday night into an unforgettable evening. Though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party. Ring in a birthday at a cevicheria on a bustling West Loop rooftop. Toast a relationship milestone at a MICHELIN-starred, Korean American gem in Avondale. These are the 12 best restaurants in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
6 Must-Book Restaurants in Chicago Right Now
It’s never a bad time to introduce a fresh crop of restaurants to your tried-and-tested repertoire. Here are a dozen new contenders across the Windy City—places you’ll tell all your friends about, whether it’s a farm-to-table favorite returning after a two-year hiatus or a chic gem in a brand-new hotel.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Winds whipping off Lake Michigan are no match for hungry Chicagoans in pursuit of the ultimate burger and a respite from brutal winters. Historically at the heart of the meat industry, the city’s slaughterhouses now house tony Michelin-starred restaurants, and deep-dish is just one of countless takes on Italian American staples in town. Arguably the American capital of molecular gastronomy, Chicago is at once a trendsetter and the capital of casual. Calling all carnivores.
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in Chicago. Our customers recommend Signature Room at the 95th, Steak 48 - Chicago and Wildfire - Oak Brook
As of June 5, 2023 there are 1490 restaurants in Chicago. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Italian, Steakhouse, Contemporary American, Japanese and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Chicago who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeaway.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Chicago either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Sheraton Grand Chicago
- Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile
- Hilton Chicago
- Regency Plaza Shopping Center
- The Palmer House Hilton
- Mokena Park
- Navy Pier
- Orland Square Mall Shopping Center
- Riverwalk Park
- Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
- Cadillac Palace
- Indiana Harbor
- Naval Training Center Great Lakes
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Fox Valley Mall
- Renaissance Chicago
- Hyatt Regency O'Hare
- Lincolnshire Marriott Resort
- Hyatt Regency Chicago
- The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
- 9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
- The Best Greek Restaurants in Chicago
- The Best Vegetarian Restaurants in Chicago
- 5 innovative restaurants to seek out in Chicago
- 50 Chicago Restaurants to Connect In For Mother's Day
- The Best Brunch Restaurants in Chicago
- The Best Cheap Eats in Chicago
- Discover Trending Restaurants in Chicago
- Discover the Best Sushi in Chicago
- The Best Restaurants with a View in Chicago
- The Best Restaurants with Vegan Options in Chicago
- Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
- Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
- A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Chicago
- Discover the Best New Restaurants in Chicago
- The Best Pizza in Chicago
- Chicago's Award-winning Restaurants
- The Best Breakfast Restaurants in Chicago
- Chicago’s 10 best outdoor dining setups