Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Located at the Westin Hapuna Beach Resort.
For a fun tropical drink, ice-cold beer, refreshing smoothie, or our signature Fredrico, Hau Tree is the perfect place to watch the waves, savor fresh-made salads, sandwiches or enjoy a Mauna Kea Ovaltine froth. Open for Lunch and Dinner, 11:00am-7:00pm.
*Please note that seating to guests that are not in-house is subject to availability.
Bryan Nagao has gained formidable reputation in the international food community. He was once described by American media as "the most notable figures in rendering modern Asian, east - meets - west cuisine in the Northern hemisphere". The creativity permeating his cuisine stems from the diversity of his culinary background. Of Japanese ancestry but Hawaiian upbringing, Bryan experienced and felt the effect of the island of Hawai'i and its unique blend of Japanese & American cultures. This inspired him to merge the flavors of inspiring countries that nurtured the style of cuisine that Bryan Nagao cooks today.
Culinary artistry meets boundless creativity.
- LILaurenIHawaii •4 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoWe asked for & we’re seated at an outside table. We had a perfect view and the sunset. I asked our server for recommendations & she did not disappoint ! The lobster tails were delicious as was the bombe with caramel ice cream. It was a perfect evening.More infoManta at Mauna KeaPrice: Very Expensive• Pacific Rim• Kohala Coast•4.3
- TtravelervipPhoenix / Arizona •170 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoBeautiful setting on the ocean. Service is always outstanding (thank you Frank). The food was superb. We enjoyed the special watermelon salad and mongchong. This restaurant consistently makes it a special experience. We will definitely return.More infoBrown's Beach House - The Fairmont Orchid - Kohala CoastPrice: Expensive• Hawaii Regional Cuisine• Kohala Coast•4.6
- BBullfrog3459Kansas City / Kansas •3 reviews5.0Dined on 23 Sept 2023Taking the nightly shuttle from Westin to here was a great decision to come here for dinner. We could only make reservations for 8PM but they were able to get us in about an hour and a half early. Good was stunning and very delicious. Service was great as well.More infoCopper Bar at Mauna KeaPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Kohala Coast•4.4
- AGAliaGvipLas Vegas •114 reviews4.0Dined on 20 Sept 2023Love the outdoor setting. Listening to the waves and the music is just perfect. The menu isn't extensive but I feel like they have something for everyone. I wasn't super hungry so I got the Makai Salad. WOW!!! Such a powerhouse of a salad. So good! It has lettuce, quinoa, edamame, hearts of palm, mango, Mac nuts and a bunch of other stuff. So Ono! And you can add a protein if you like but again... I wasn't super hungry so this salad hit the spot. This and a glass of wine was perfect.More infoHau Tree at Mauna KeaPrice: Moderate• American• Kohala Coast•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerLas Vegas •1 review5.0Dined on 2 Jan 2023Amazing, awesome view, quiet,More infoMeridiaPrice: Expensive• Mediterranean• Kohala Coast•4.6
Discover Kohala Coast
A region very much still connected to its ancestral roots, Kohala has some incredible restaurants with authentic Hawaiian cuisine. You can easily find places featuring meals with fresh island fish and locally sourced ingredients. A standard night of dining in Kohala consists of sitting on an open patio facing the ocean, drinking out of coconuts and enjoying the grilled catch of the day. There are quite a few Japanese steakhouses in this area as well. As Kohala is very proud of its local farming economy, you'll most likely be enjoying local meats and produce in every restaurant you dine at.
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in Kohala Coast. Our customers recommend Brown's Beach House - The Fairmont Orchid - Kohala Coast, Meridia and Manta at Mauna Kea
As of October 1, 2023 there are 9 restaurants in Kohala Coast. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Pacific Rim, Mediterranean, American, Unspecified and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Kohala Coast who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeaway.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Kohala Coast either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Lapakahi Marine Life Conservation District
- Kawaihae Harbor
- Puu Waawaa State Wildlife Sanctuary
- Home of the Hula Moon
- Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho`omaluhia
- Mauna Kea Beach
- Big Island Eco Adventures Biea
- Always In Season
- Gated Kohala by the Sea
- North Kohala Artists Co Op And Kenji's House Museum
- Spencer Beach Park
- Puukohola Heiau National Historic Site
- Mauna Kea Fairways South #17 by South Kohala Management
- Spencer Beach Park
- Upolu Point Loran Station Coast Guard Reservation
- Pua Mau Place Arboretum Botanical Garden
- Kappa Beach Park
- Lapakahi State Historical Park
- Mookini Heiau