- TWTimothyWChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoVery nice awesome I will be back with friends and family to try some more of that gumbo that was phenomenalMore infoBoston Fish Market - Des PlainesPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Des Plaines•4.7
- MDMikeDChicago / Illinois •5 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoIt was a very hectic Thursday evening but the staff was able to keep up with pretty much everything. The manager Vince in particular was hustling to make things happen. Service was great. Our party ordered 3 steaks (all WR's) & all were perfectly prepared. Sides were excellent, as were the drinks. Valets were ready & waiting at both dropoff & pickup.More infoGibsons Bar & Steakhouse - RosemontPrice: Moderate• Steakhouse• Rosemont•4.7
- LALauraAChicago / Illinois •8 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoThis was our first time here and our overall experience was great. Our waitress, Abby, was awesome. I would go back just because of her. Definitely higher priced than what I normally go to but well worth it as a special occasion.More infoTruluck's - Ocean's Finest Seafood & Crab - RosemontPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Rosemont•4.7
- MmgreidelChicago / Illinois •11 reviews4.0Dined on 2 Jan 2023We have enjoyed dining at Carmines. The prices are very reasonable and the service always excellent. It is also one of the few places you can actually have a conversation with guests during dinner as the noise level is moderate given the size and the busyness of the place. Wine selection is good and overall the meals are always well portioned and good Italian selections. I did find the vodka sauce this last time a bit pasty. The service team was excellent!More infoCarmine's RosemontPrice: Expensive• Italian• Rosemont•4.5
- DDianevipChicago / Illinois •11 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023The food quality is always the same and very good. The service far exceeds most restaurants. Always one of our favorites.More infoHugo's Frog Bar & Chop House - Des PlainesPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Des Plaines•4.8
Chicago’s 9 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Chicago’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include a nationally acclaimed South Indian spot and a Ukrainian spot from a James Beard Award-winning duo.
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
Chicago’s 7 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Chicago
Chicagoans know that special-occasion meals come in all shapes and sizes. And even though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party here. These Windy City restaurants transform a regular Saturday (or Monday or Tuesday) night into an unforgettable evening. Read on for a guide to the 10 best places in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
Discover Des Plaines
Visiting Chicago is always an exciting time, but if you want to try some enticing dining options, take a trip out to Des Plaines. This town is no stranger to fine-dining restaurants. In fact, there are plenty of high-end dining establishments where you can enjoy meat and vegetable dishes that are difficult to find elsewhere. You can also find some fun, casual cafes in the downtown area. These restaurants are likely to serve steak, apple sauce, and delicious Illinois-grown corn. However, if you're interested in dining the Illinois way, you should consider a few local favorites. For example, Italian beef sandwiches are a staple of the restaurant scene here. You should also try a horseshoe, an open-faced sandwich with a piece of bread, a burger patty, and fries on top!
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Des Plaines is Hugo's Frog Bar & Chop House - Des Plaines
- Maine Park
- Willow Park
- Central Park
- Woodlawn Park
- Lake Park
- Prairie Lakes Park
- Lake Park Golf Course
- Mckay Nealis Park
- Kiwanis Park
- Des Plaines Manor Park
- Chautauqua Park
- Comfort Inn O'Hare - Convention Center
- Golf Plaza Ii Shopping Center
- High Ridge Knolls Park
- Best Western Des Plaines Inn
- Jaycee Park
- Rand Park
- Courtyard Chicago O'Hare
- Countryside Park
- Sunset Park