Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
The restaurant’s tasting menus are based around dishes constructed with natural flavour combinations using the best seasonal produce available. Each menu has been carefully created to showcase the ingredients and provide you with a memorable dining experience.
Our menu has a variety of sensational dishes built around fresh seasonal produce, sourced from local suppliers and specialist Italian importers.
The atmosphere at Il Basilico is bubbly, perfectly managing the balance for all occasions, from romantic meals, and business lunches to party occasions and large family gatherings!
Lizzie, Andy and the team serve beautifully prepared dishes in a relaxed, family friendly environment. Comforting British classics sit alongside interesting modern dishes, teamed with a carefully selected cask beer and wine menu.
Perfectly placed in the heart of Harrold for lunch, a pub supper or impromptu drinks with friends.
We can't wait to welcome you.
Our Restaurant provides you with sufficient peace of quite dinner whilst also catering for private parties and functions.
*A family run, Italian restaurant extending Eat Out To Help Out, Tuesday to Thursday in April 2021.
*Sunday Lunch set menu options from 12 - 5 pm.
*Serving authentic, fresh, modern, Italian food in an elegant but relaxing Mediterranean atmosphere.
*Outside dining room and courtyard seating available (with heaters & blankets).
**Discount vouchers may only be used from Tuesday to Thursday and not in conjunction with any other offers.
From cosy pub dining, to eating alfresco on our covered, heated courtyard. A private party in our room 'upstairs' - even an overnight stay in one of seven ensuite rooms; The George makes the most comfortable of backdrops, whatever the occasion.
Find our pub & inn in the pretty village of Maulden, in the heart of the Bedfordshire countryside. Nestled on the famous Greensands Ridge Walk & a 30 minute walk to the market town of Ampthill.
Everything at The George is lovingly prepared onsite. Every dish fresh where possible & thoughtfully sourced.
This site was once a large marsh, fed by the River Great Ouse, but in the 1950s gravel extraction created a series of small lakes and pools which survives today. The gravel was mainly used in road and industrial construction, but today the old gravel pits are home to an abundance of wildlife, flora and fauna; a magical place for all of us to enjoy.
Our restaurant is open 7 days a week, from 7am - 11pm, with last food orders at 9pm.
- DPDarrenPvipNorfolk/Suffolk •5 reviews4.0Dined 2 days agoFantastic food as one would expect from Lussimans, however what made the evening was our waiter, outstanding service & knowledgeMore infoLussmanns - HitchinPrice: Moderate• Modern European• Hitchin•4.6
- NBNicBHertfordshire •1 review5.0Dined 5 days agoDifficult to read menus as very dark where we sat but it was a lovely atmosphere! We all had torches 🔦 on our phone so could see what we wanted!!! Lovely meal as alwaysMore infoThe George InnPrice: Moderate• British• Ampthill•4.5
- HHeatherBedfordshire •2 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoWe have been going to Paris House in Woburn for many years. This season's winter/Christmas menu is a real treat from Phil Fanning, Dan Treadwell and the chef team. From the delicious canapes (cheese puffs are a real treat) to the journey through the menu to the show stopping Christmas bauble, the menu delights and wows the diner. The wine pairing is a must. However, a couple of dishes were so good we "forgot" to sample the wine accompanying it. The front of house team with Thomas, Amy, Jeremy and Howie (Sommelier genius) are amazing with just the right touch of personable service. The setting is stunning and it changes with the seasons. Treat yourself.More infoParis HousePrice: Very Expensive• Contemporary British• Woburn•4.8
- LGLindaGBedfordshire •1 review4.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023We booked in advanced and they were very busy when we go there. Took a few minutes to seat us. Menu varied with a good vegetarian selection. Service excellent. The restaurant was quite cold so they provided an electric heater. Overly lovely.More infoThe Black Horse WoburnPrice: Moderate• English• Woburn•4.3
- WCWendyCHertfordshire •1 review5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023Excellent food and service - thank you for a great birthday.More infoHermitage Rd Bar & RestaurantPrice: Expensive• British• Hitchin•4.6
Frequently asked questions
As of November 30, 2023 there are 12 restaurants in Bedfordshire. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find British, English, Gastro Pub, Turkish, International and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your booking today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Bedfordshire who deliver with Deliveroo, Postmates, Toast, Uber Eats, Just Eat.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeaway.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Bedfordshire either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.