Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
The menu price is $175 per person (20% service charge plus tax not included) plus $10 corkage fee per person. (If you purchase some wines from our goosefoot® food & wine store, the corkage fee will be waived).
The wine list is available at www.goosefootfoodandwine.net
Food Restrictions: For this spring multi-course surprise tasting menu we can accommodate no shellfish, pescatarian and mild nuts allergy.
UNFORTUNATELY for this spring multi-course surprise menu WE CANNOT accommodate : vegetarian, vegan, low dairy, no dairy, severe nuts a
We are not an authentic ramen shop, though we value the history of ramen, and our ramen is influenced by its past and its future potential. The dish, popularized in Japan after World War 2, is symbolic of both struggle and perseverance. It is both a simple dish, and a fantastically complex one that we treat with reverence and respect.
Roughly translating to “Red Star,” the name “Akahoshi” is a love letter to two cities; Sapporo, Hokkaido, where red stars adorn city monuments, and Chicago, Illinois, where the red star decorates the city flag. Our ramen is influenced by Japanese and American ideals in cooking.
We hope you will join us to enjoy a bowl of ramen, made with the respect and passion it deserves.
Classic Cuisine and Cocktails made from scratch.
At the moment, we are very limited in regards to accommodating dietary restrictions. We can only accommodate pescatarians. We are a very small team at the moment and once we are streamlined we will be accepting more dietary restrictions! Please bear with us!
Please keep in mind that proper attire is required including a jacket for gentlemen.
We have a full bar, which features a full selection of Japanese whisky, sake, cocktails, and more.
Also, since this comes up so often, all of the (many, many) plants throughout the restaurant are real!
We have no affiliation with any other Tanoshii and Sushi Mike
Our International Fusion Cuisine restaurant offers meals unique just to us, we call it a menu with "whispers" of Indian flavors!
Come in to try our Roasted Paneer Ravioli or Chicken Kabobs or one of our fan favorites, Paneer Bites. We promise you will be delighted!
Each meal can be finely paired with some of the best wines produced right here in Illinois. Or pair it with "different" wines from exotic regions of the world.
Either way, it'll be a win win!
So, join is in our modern casual dining room for a cozy and warm evening full of laughter and happy moments. Or enjoy a glass of wine or wine flights in our lounge area by a warm and cozy fireplace!
The beverage program comes from Chicago’s most award-winning mixologist, Lance Bowman, who rotates half of the cocktail list every two months while perfecting the art of tradition with his riffs on American classics, staples of the cocktail list at The Alderman.
- PPoinsettvipChicago / Illinois •3 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoLoved the band. However, the speakers are so loud it makes it difficult to talk. If they can lower the volume that would make for a better experience. Alternatively, maybe don’t use the speakers.More infoThe Little Gem RestaurantPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Oak Park•4.5
- FNFN1208vipChicago / Illinois •7 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoFirst time trying this restaurant. Been looking forward to it for a while. Did not disappoint. Each dish was outstanding - tuna carpaccio, beet salad, cacio et pepe and the mushroom risotto. Absolutely wonderful. Cocktails are spectacular too. Will have to make this a regular spot.More infoPiacere MioPrice: Moderate• Italian• Forest Park•4.8
- LLatrice1 review5.0Dined on 11 Nov 2023I love going here. The music is always on point. You will be singing and dancing while you are eating.More infoThe View RestaurantPrice: Expensive• American• Riverside•4.3
- MMartaChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined on 2 Jan 2023Wonderful restaurant, with great food, ambience and service.More infoMaya Del SolPrice: Moderate• Latin American• Oak Park•4.8
- LliseetgvipChicago / Illinois •18 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023Our server Alyssa was amazing and overall the whole service today was on point starting with the hostesses! Food wine perfect!More infoCooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Oak ParkPrice: Moderate• American• Oak Park•4.5
Chicago’s 9 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Chicago’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include a nationally acclaimed South Indian spot and a Ukrainian spot from a James Beard Award-winning duo.
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Chicago
Chicagoans know that special-occasion meals come in all shapes and sizes. And even though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party here. These Windy City restaurants transform a regular Saturday (or Monday or Tuesday) night into an unforgettable evening. Read on for a guide to the 10 best places in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
6 new restaurants making a splash in Chicago right now
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
Winds whipping off Lake Michigan are no match for hungry Chicagoans in pursuit of the ultimate burger and a respite from brutal winters. Historically at the heart of the meat industry, the city’s slaughterhouses now house tony Michelin-starred restaurants, and deep-dish is just one of countless takes on Italian American staples in town. Arguably the American capital of molecular gastronomy, Chicago is at once a trendsetter and the capital of casual. Calling all carnivores.
Frequently asked questions
As of December 5, 2023 there are 1748 restaurants in Chicago. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Italian, Steakhouse, Japanese, Contemporary American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your booking today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Chicago who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeaway.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Chicago either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- The Langham Chicago
- Wrigley Field
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
- Steppenwolf Theatre
- Chicago Theater
- Uic Pavilion
- The Center Shopping Center
- Fox Valley Mall
- theWit Chicago, A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
- Park West Park
- Lincolnshire Marriott Resort
- Fashion Outlets Chicago
- Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
- Drury Lane Theater
- Water Tower Place
- Block Field
- Lyric Opera of Chicago
- Yorktown Shopping Center
- United Center
- Allstate Arena
- Explore the 2023 MICHELIN picks for Chicago
- 15 restaurants that define Chicago
- Chicago’s 10 best outdoor dining setups
- 9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
- 5 innovative restaurants to seek out in Chicago
- Diners' Choice: Best Overall Restaurants in Chicago
- Persons with Disabilites-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in the Midwest
- Chicago's Award-winning Restaurants
- LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
- Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
- Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
- Middle Eastern-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in the Midwest
- The Best Bars for Foodies in Chicago
- LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
- LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in the Midwest
- 10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Chicago
- Tacobout Tasty Tacos in Chicago
- Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
- 6 new restaurants making a splash in Chicago right now
- Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago