Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
This traditional thatched cottage provides a relaxed dining experience with international dishes inspired by our owner Beatrice Tollman, with an emphasis on using the best of local ingredients.
It is just a short stroll over the bridge from the castle, offering views over to Ashford Castle.
The Afternoon Tea menu offers guests a wide selection of speciality teas or perhaps a glass of Champagne, delicate finger sandwiches, warm freshly baked scones with lashings of cream and home-made jam, not to mention our tasty pastries. It’s the perfect way to spend a leisurely afternoon with friends.
At The Red Bank Restaurant our kitchen team is led by award-winning head chef Michelle McGowan who uses only the finest locally sourced fresh produce from the town and its surrounding areas, Michelle creates wonderful seasonal menus and beautiful dishes that cater for all tastes and dietary requirements, cooked with passion and creativity leaving your taste buds wanting more and more.
Our aim at The Red Bank Restaurant is to provide you with many enjoyable and memorable dining experiences. We look forward to welcoming you, your family and friends to our restaurant very soon.
The bar & cafe area is the perfect place for some light food or to relax and have a drink, with gorgeous views over Sligo Bay & Oyster Island. Paudie's pitmaster background has played a big influence on The Driftwood Smokehouse Restaurant, with smoked meats and seafood playing a central part of the menu, which have been slow cooked in the smoker for up to 15 hours, to give a gorgeous flavour & tender texture.
The menu is served daily from 12noon to 9pm. We offer a wide choice of dishes which are sure to meet all tastes.
Kids are well catered for with nutrition being a top priority.
The dishes include hearty options of Atlantic Seafood Chowder, Beer Battered Cod as well as the new Posh Spice Bag with Golden Fried Chicken Goujons & Fries, and perfect for two, a Cheeseboard & Bottle of Wine. Little ones will be well entertained with the fun activity sheet on the back of their menus! Kids are in for a treat with new dessert option of Clew Bay Cookie Ice-Cream Sandwich or our ever popular choice of HP favourites. Babies dine free when adults dine with complimentary baby bowl.
Indoor & outdoor seating is available ( subject to the Irish weather )
Our booking platform accepts reservations up to 6 people, should you wish to make a booking for more people please email us with your enquiry on email@example.com .
Come to eat , Stay to party!
Soak in the views whilst you dine at Sophie’s rooftop restaurant, complete with amazing panoramic views of Galway City, whatever the weather.
Blazing sun, howling gales, she’s just beautiful. And fun. And friendly. And tasty.
Our chefs pack every mouthful with international and Irish flavours. We’ve also got a range of cocktails so good you’ll wanna work your way through the entire menu.
We serve breakfast and dinner 7 days a week. We do lunch on weekdays and brunch at the weekend.
If you haven't found your desired time please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- OTOpenTable Diner1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoThe food was absolutely delicious!! And service was very good as well!More infoGaslight BrasseriePrice: Moderate• Irish• Galway City Centre•4.2
- KKKathleenKGreater Boston •1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoExcellent food/drink: pizza, pasta, wine. Nice change of pace in Galway. Atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. Highly recommend Zappi’s for anyone in the mood for Italian.More infoZappis RestaurantPrice: Moderate• Italian• Galway’s West End•4.5
- POPamelaOConnacht •4 reviews4.0Dined on 15 Sept 2023Booked a table downstairs (we normally eat upstairs) and it was definitely a good idea - better service and much more lively. Staff were very efficient and service was excellent. My trio of fish from the specials menu was superb & the burger was also very good. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone.More infoKirby'sPrice: Moderate• European• Galway City Centre•4.2
- OTOpenTable DinerPhiladelphia / New Jersey Suburbs •1 review5.0Dined on 9 Sept 2023Best meal for quite a while. Flavours and presentation amazing. Really cool decor. Very attentive staff. Well priced. Recommend highlyMore infoCapricePrice: Moderate• Café• Galway City Centre•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerWashington, D.C. Area •2 reviews4.0Dined on 27 Aug 2023Our very first dinner in Galway, and it was fantastic! Great drink selection and so many options for delicious seafood. Small enough space that the service didn't suffer, I've heard different of the Dublin location.More infoBeef & Lobster - GalwayPrice: Moderate• Steakhouse• Galway’s West End•3.5
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Connacht is Sophie's @ The Dean Galway
- Salthill Hotel
- Galway Railway Station
- Galway Shopping Center
- Delphi Adventure Resort Hotel & Spa
- Foxford Woolen Mills Visitor Centre
- The Fishing Lodge
- Parkes Castle
- Slieve League
- The Leitrim Genealogical Centre
- Laurel Park Playing Fields
- Golf Course Enniscrone
- Woodlands Equestrian Centre
- Creevykeel Court Tomb
- Riverview Vacation Rental Apartment
- Una Bhan Rural Tourism
- Carrick On Shannon Sports Leisure Centre
- Clonalis House
- The Museum of The Master Saddler
- Galway Bay