Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
With sustainability and conservation at its core, the venue will provide an outlet immersed in the countryside where friends and family can meet, or those seeking time to themselves can enjoy the comfortable, tranquil atmosphere. Visitors will have the opportunity to purchase sustainably sourced products, attend horticultural workshops, and dine in the restaurant where ingredients will be seasonal and often grown on-site in the market garden. Emily is keen to focus on the artisan’s highly skilled industry and offer excellent quality, handmade, and unique items to the market.
Thanks to our chefs’ knowledge, skill & talent for the past decade, our chefs have been proud to be awarded the “Best Indian Restaurant in Hampshire”. People have travelled miles to come to us for our authentic range & exquisite caliber of Indian cuisine.
Under the skillful direction of Chef Patron Shekhar, and his team of chefs, we are driven to create compelling flavor experiences for every one of our guests. Shekhar has 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry & has worked in a multitude of 5 Star restaurants around India.
We are also delighted to have Darwan Ram cooking with us in Krishna’s kitchen. He has worked with Michelin star chefs in London for many years & brings his culinary expertise to Krishna’s.
We have retained a lot of the features that made our restaurant popular in the Southsea area. These includes tasty food that comes in a great variety, and fast and reliable service. We strive to maintain our standards whilst constantly refining ourselves to meet the demands of every customer.
Come and enjoy our luxurious coffee and mouthwatering tartines?
A big warm, friendly welcome from us to you, offering our customers here in Basingstoke a touch of the Mediterranean.
Here at Meldiz we pride ourselves in our achievement of bringing together not only the true authentic flavours of our country but combine that with our renowned generosity, we not only offer you the customer an amazing experience but also great value for money.
Graze on a mouth-watering selection of finely cut sandwiches, speciality cakes including freshly baked scones smothered in New Forest Jam and thick clotted cream, all complemented by a large selection finest silk prism teas from Birchalls' and Fair Trade coffee. Who could resist such delicious delicacies?
Careys Manor's vegan afternoon tea and gluten-free afternoon tea is extremely popular with delights including vegan coconut milk truffles and gluten-free macroons.
TripAdvisor hall of fame. AA food award from 2015-2023.
We change our fantastic Menu every day -please call to see what's available today
Large tables booked online will require a Pre-order -Please call to arrange, Thank You.
We are all about creating food that is full of flavour without the fuss. Hearty pub classics and daily specials that can be enjoyed in a relaxed environment with the whole family. We champion local producers and are
committed to sourcing quality, seasonal produce whenever possible.
We’re dog friendly and mobile phone unfriendly. The Hampshire Bowman is a great unspoilt country pub with a huge garden. Real ale and traditional cider are our specialty – we’ve been in the CAMRA good beer guide for over 30 years!
PLEASE NOTE - We don't take bookings for our HUGE garden, please just turn up if you want to sit outside!
All our Wines and a chunk of our spirit range is brought to us by our friends at Portal, Dingwall & Norris based in Emsworth stocking & supplying only the best wines and spirits.
We're mad keen on Cocktails too! Our list isn't huge but it's carefully selected featuring Classic and Contemporary cocktails showcasing what we do. We're so passionate about it that we only use fresh fruits and we make all our own syrups, settling for nothing but perfection. Fresh passion fruits in our Passion fruit Martini's and fresh figs and dates in our Espresso Martini. We spend a lot of time squeezing lemons and limes too and dehydrating our own fruit !
As a family run Italian restaurant we offer you a warm welcoming experience, giving you the opportunity to taste and enjoy authentic and traditional Italian dishes. In a friendly and family atmosphere we are looking forward to share with you moments, whether you are visiting us a romantic night out, larger party or corporate event, we guarantee that you will be looked after by our friendly and attentive staff.
In our restaurant we produce with you our comprehensive menu which appeals to a variety of authentic tastes, offering a range of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes along with the finest pasta ,risotto and traditional Italian pizza.
Here at Amore Italian Restaurant we take pride in our quality food with a warm inviting atmosphere and excellent selection of Italian wines.
Come dine with us & experience an authentic italian meal. We look forward to serving you!
- NGNikkiGDorset •3 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoHad a lovely dining experience, Staff were fantastic, food & venue great, if I was to be picky, the toilets could be freshened up a bit, grimy dado below hand dryer, but this did not at all detract from a lovely visit to the restaurant 😊More infoThe Ivy Winchester BrasseriePrice: Expensive• Contemporary British• Winchester•4.4
- KKellyOxford/Oxfordshire •4 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoFriendly professional staff. Quality of food was excellent as was the portion sizes. Highly recommendedMore infoReggina's Italian, BotleyPrice: Expensive• Italian• Southampton•4.5
- TWTerryofWarsashHampshire •9 reviews5.0Dined on 23 Nov 2023Happy summer venue with plenty of garden space and dog friendly. Also great winter go-to warm and friendly, fire in one bar. Wide selection of beers and cider. Food excellent with frequent changes to the menu. The only downside, access from the made road is single carriage and wet and muddy in the winter. Overall, worth making the effort.More infoThe Hampshire BowmanPrice: Moderate• British• Bishops Waltham•4.7
- AantonydDorset •3 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023Love the place and the food but it is expensive. Would visit more often if wasn’t so dearMore infoShanghai 1814Price: Very Expensive• Chinese (Shanghai)• Southampton•4.6
- LBLouiseBHampshire •3 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023Been visiting since we moved locally and it’s a lovely friendly pub where the food and service is excellent.More infoThe Cricketers InnPrice: Moderate• Gastro Pub• Bishops Waltham•4.7
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Hampshire is The Plough Inn, Longparish