Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
For over 30 years, our sophisticated menu of contemporary American food has drawn guests from far and wide. You can’t beat the vibe of Beverly Hills Grill. With a menu and décor inspired by the Californian city of Beverly Hills, we ’re small enough to feel cozy but big on both flavor and style.
Voted by OpenTable diners as one of the Best Overall Contemporary American Cuisine in Detroit in 2016, you’ve come to the right place!
The Rugby Grille Restaurant located inside Birmingham Michigan’s Townsend Hotel offers a memorable-dining experience. It features beautiful art, intimate tables and a private bar, world-class service and the culinary expertise of our talented team. The menu changes seasonally and features the very best in USDA prime beef, seafood, poultry and salads. The Rugby Grille features monthly events including wine dinners.
The Rugby Grille has been recognized with the following awards: the coveted AAA Four Diamond award, the Forbes Travel Guide "Recommended" rating as well as the very exclusive Wine Spectator "Two Glass Best of Award" of Excellence since 2016.
We are open Tuesday-Thursday from 4 pm to 5 pm for Happy Hour. Only the Happy Hour menu will be available during that hour.
During the summer season guests can enjoy patio dining accompanied by live music.
Weekend Brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Offering one of the best Happy Hours in Birmingham, the $9 Appetizer & $8 Cocktail Menu consists of Sesame Ahi Tuna Tartare, Sweet & Spicy Calamari, Shrimp Tacos, top-shelf spirits and more. (Monday-Friday, 3-6pm)
With large elegant dining rooms, 220 Merrill is the perfect place to host private parties, special events and business conferences.
Awards & Accolades:
Open Table Diner's Choice Winner - 2022
Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence" - 2016
Hour Detroit "Best Bar for Business Deals"- 2016
Hour Detroit "Best Bartender" - 2016
Open Table Diner's Choice Winner - 2015
We are open Mondays for special events only and closed on Sundays.
Birmingham Pub brings a sophisticated twist to the classic gastropub experience. Our inviting ambiance is casual, yet sexy and quite comfortable with an eclectic mix of luxe touches and urban chic details. Life’s simple pleasures – an after-work cocktail, a perfectly grilled New York strip, and fine wine – are richer, trendier, and exciting at Birmingham Pub. Join us in this high-energy atmosphere where luxury is all about enjoying every moment to its fullest with friends, colleagues, and the people you meet while you’re here.
For breakfast and lunch reservations please go to Cafe Dax to book Monday through Friday
- TDTheDirectHerDetroit / Eastern Michigan •2 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoI'm still reminiscing on the wonderful Mediterranean salad I had last evening; wish I could come back and get another one.More info220 MerrillPrice: Moderate• American• Birmingham•4.6
- KKyleWisconsin •3 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoGreat food, busy dining room, staff worked hard to ensure we were well taken care of. I’d recommend anyone go there for a special occasionMore infoHyde Park Prime Steakhouse-Birmingham, MIPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Birmingham•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerDetroit / Eastern Michigan •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoTina is an outstanding professional server. She makes your dining establishments memorable. She is the bestMore infoMadamPrice: Expensive• Global, International• Birmingham•4.3
- LTLoveToWineAndDinevipDetroit / Eastern Michigan •67 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoWow, what a wonderful place! Everything was amazing! The food and wine were perfect, and the service was impeccable! Highly highly recommend!More infoTallulah Wine Bar and BistroPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Birmingham•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerDetroit / Eastern Michigan •6 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoWe celebrated our anniversary. The service was outstanding, drink recommendations were great and server very knowledgeable. The food choices were excellent: octopus salad and steak tartare were out of this world. We shared steak frites and we were amazed by how perfectly it was cooked. In the end we got carrot cake and it was perfect culmination of the whole culinary excellence. Will definitely come back!More infoZANAPrice: Moderate• American• Birmingham•4.6
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Detroit
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
As Detroit rises, its suburbs continue to flourish, and Birmingham is no exception. After a day shopping in Birmingham's boutique shops, you won't have to look hard to find a great place to eat in the city. Birmingham is a boon for authentic Italian cuisine, thanks to its immigrant history. In fact, there are still Italian cafés where you can brush up on your language skills over coffee. Or you can try your hand at the Mediterranean and Indian restaurants, which are popular in the Detroit area. During the Michigan growing season from May through October, Birmingham hosts a farmers' market brimming with local delicacies.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Birmingham is Tallulah Wine Bar and Bistro
- Linden Park
- Holiday Inn Express Detroit-Birmingham
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Southfield - Detroit
- Amherst Park
- Sullivan Park
- Booth Park
- Adams Square Shopping Center
- Saint James Park
- Sherwood Square Shopping Center
- Pembroke Park
- Poppleton Park
- The Plaza Picadilly Shopping Center
- The Townsend Hotel
- Howarth Park
- Evergreen Plaza Shopping Center
- Crestview Park
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Southfield
- Fries Park
- Lincoln Hills Golf Course
- Kroger Retail Center Shopping Center