Make a free reservation
Available for late dinner now in Nashville
Restaurant experiences trending in Nashville
Check out diners' favourite restaurants in Downtown
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Our beautiful courtyard bar area is available with a dinner reservation for drinks before or after dinner.
For parties of 13+, or for more information on booking your next event with us, please visit www.skullsrainbowroom.com/events
Originally opened in 1948, Skull’s Rainbow Room is the cornerstone of Nashville's historic Printer's Alley district, and is one of the most celebrated and acclaimed dining experiences in Music City.
Signature craft cocktails masterfully created by skilled bartenders make Skull's THE craft cocktail bar in Music City. Our award winning dinner menu has resulted in numerous prestigious awards and recognitions from organizations including Condé Nast, OpenTable, Yelp and more. Savor the many delicious libations and enjoy live jazz bands featured nightly at Nashville's only downtown jazz lounge. Skull's late night burlesque show is on Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights, featuring Music City's loveliest dancers.
In her 13 years as Chef/Owner of Zola, Deb received accolades for Nashville's best chef and Nashville's best restaurant multiple times. Nashville restaurants are many, but Etch sets itself apart with bold flavors and colorful presentations.
The cuisine at Etch is complemented by our comprehensive wine list, featuring an extensive collection of wines from around the world. Guests can also enjoy our modern take on classic cocktails, along with a variety of eclectic beers and regional drafts.
Whether you are hosting a small business function, a gathering of friends, or celebrating. Bob's Steak &Chop House will deliver a private dining experience to remember. We offer 3 private dining options for groups of up to 36 guests. For private dining room inquires, or to make a reservation of 7 or more guests - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615.761.3584
House of Cards celebrates the art of magic, classic American cuisine and fine hand-crafted cocktails. Guests are encouraged to explore the dining room to enjoy the rare collections and be entertained by some of America’s top magicians. Complimentary tickets to magic performances in the showroom are included with purchase of a dinner entrée. Please, no outside bottles.
Reservations for parties of 6 or less can be made 14 days in advance through OpenTable. For parties of 7-12, please reserve 17 days in advance by emailing email@example.com.
Dress code strictly enforced. For dress code details, visit HOCNashville.com/reservations. No photography inside the restaurant. Reservations encouraged. Walk-ins welcome subject to availability and dress code.
Imaginative yet focused, Stateside Kitchen showcases seasonal cuisine in an intelligent setting. The brasserie-style restaurant focuses on fresh flavors and locally sourced ingredients to comprise a menu for all palettes. Housed under a Gehry-esque glass atrium designed by famed Nashville-born interior design firm Meyer Davis Studio, the art of dining comes alive amid original works by a selection by internationally renowned artists.
An American restaurant infused with Southern flavor and culinary tradition, TENN’s casual atmosphere encourages guests to unwind over great drinks, enjoy regionally inspired classic American cuisine and iconic Southern dishes with contemporary techniques and seasonal, locally-sourced ingredients.
See what locals rave about in Downtown
- HMHelenMNew York / Tri-State Area •16 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoWe chose Etch for our anniversary dinner because the food is well reviewed, the setting is “casual/elegant,” and the moderate noise level allows for good conversation. We shared an appetizer of roasted cauliflower and an Etch salad. Both were excellent. The three sauces for the cauliflower were especially interesting. One of us had the venison: perfectly cooked medium rare with a delicious sauce. The plate was beautiful with the additions of baked butternut squash, greens, and circled by a flourish of mashed potatoes. The other entree was the chicken special: tender bone-in breast in two pieces, perfectly fried with green beans and puréed sweet potatoes and a helping of sweet potato chips. We only had room for one dessert. It was a perfect slice of Black Forest cheesecake, with blue berries and an excellent wafer of dark chocolate. We were treated to a flute of champagne and felt very special on this significant anniversary. Our server was terrific. We will go back.More infoEtch$$$$• Contemporary American• Downtown / Sobro•4.8
- MLMikeLPhoenix / Arizona •2 reviews5.0Dined on 2 Jan 2023Our food was excellent as usual. Our server was very friendly and did a great job.More infoBlanco Cocina + Cantina - Nashville$$$$• Contemporary Mexican• Nashville•4.8
- Jjhb7Dallas - Fort Worth •2 reviews5.0Dined on 2 Jan 2023Great atmosphere. Food was delicious, the strip was cooked to perfection, the pesto pasta is mouthwatering.More infoStateside Kitchen$$$$• American• Downtown / Sobro•4.4
- BButtersNashville •3 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023We celebrated our anniversary here after many recommendations and had a wonderful experience. Mark was incredibly knowledgeable and accommodating. The smoked old fashioned was the best we’ve ever had. We had a wonderful time.More infoEddie V's - Nashville$$$$• Seafood• Nashville•4.9
- OTOpenTable DinerNashville •2 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023The absolute best food in nashville to treat yourself to on an evening out.More infoChurch and Union - Nashville$$$$• American• Nashville•4.6
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in Downtown
9 restaurants that scream “Nashville”
Whether you’re native to the city, a transplant, or a tourist, make sure to visit the nine places that help make Nashville great.
Where to drink in Nashville right now
Nashville’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes
Nashville’s 9 best outdoor dining setups
Nashville’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Nashville’s 5 Best New Restaurants to Try
Nashville’s sensational food scene now stretches far beyond local specialties such as hot chicken and barbecue. These days, Music City’s restaurants are defined by innovative, one-of-a-kind experiences—frunch, anyone?—and open kitchens galore. Sample decadent Neapolitan fare in Chestnut Hill and Barcelona-style tapas downtown, then cap your night out at a modern-day supper club and entertainment mash-up in The Gulch. These are the five Nashville restaurants to book right now.
11 top date night restaurants in Nashville
As the home of country music, Nashville is the place to plan a pitch-perfect date. Whether you’ve been married for a decade or just swiped right, there’s a romantic restaurant for you. Take a sushi rolling class together at a pan Asian place in the Gulch. For a more glamorous evening, opt for dinner at a seasonal American spot in a historic Melrose movie theater. No matter where you land, these spots will make date night sing. Read on for a guide to Music City’s 11 most romantic restaurants to book right now.
Country music can be polarizing. You either love it, or you don’t. Nashville’s food scene, on the other hand, is tough not to like. There’s something for almost every taste and we hear the hot wings just keep getting better. Be it cold brew coffee houses, the ever-popular barbecue, or inventive Southern dishes—you name it, Nashville’s got it. And yes, be prepared to be serenaded by buskers on street corners. It’s called the Music City for a reason.
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in Downtown. Our customers recommend House of Cards, Etch and Oak Steakhouse - Nashville
As of June 9, 2023 there are 36 restaurants in Downtown. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Steakhouse, Southern, Seafood, Contemporary American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Downtown who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeaway.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Downtown either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Victory Park
- Two Rivers Park
- Motel 6 Alcoa
- Tennessee Performing Arts Cent
- Alcoa Little League Park
- The Capitol Hotel
- La Quinta Inn and Suites Knoxville Airport
- Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park
- John Sevier Park
- Opry Mills Mall
- Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown
- Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
- MainStay Suites Alcoa
- Nashville Smart Lofts
- Bicentennial Park
- Godddard Field
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center
- Rock Garden Park
- Music City by Nashville Vacations
- Rockford Station