Make a free reservation
Restaurant experiences trending in Bywater
See what locals rave about in Bywater
- OTOpenTable DinerNew Orleans / Louisiana •2 reviews5.0Dined on 23 Apr 2023Food and service were both fantastic. Will be returning.More infoAlma Café$$$$• Spanish• Bywater•3.9
- MmommiovipNew Orleans / Louisiana •79 reviews5.0Dined on 2 Jan 2023Love the unique menu for a brew pub- not your typical ordinary offerings. Their menu has a Vietnamese twist to their offerings. The beer was also very good. Will be going back to try more of their beers and other entreesMore infoBywater Brew Pub$$$$• Creole / Cajun / Southern• Bywater•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerNew Orleans / Louisiana •1 review5.0Dined on 2 Jan 2023We went to Brennans for a New Years dinner as well as a late celebratory dinner for my 2 year olds birthday dinner. I had a 2 year old, a 6 year old and my spouse present. My children were fairly noisy, and playful and the wait staff were very friendly and helpful as well as brought them cotton candy and treats to the table. I never felt uncomfortable having children present for fine dining, and had a great dinner experience. The traditional cabbage and black eyed pea single bite appetizer spoons were delicious, even my 6 year old loved it. My waitress was a sweet younger woman originally from New England, She wore glasses and I hate that I can’t remember her name, but she was very soft spoken and sweet and made the experience much more enjoyable. We will be back to try the 2nd quarter menu but this time as an adults only New Orleans vacation.More infoBrennan's$$$$• Creole• French Quarter•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerLas Vegas •2 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023Wonderful service and ambience. All of the food was good and most excellent. We were at Jazz Brunch and the musicians were excellent and definitely added to the experience. Absolutely would recommend to anyoneMore infoAntoine's$$$$• Creole• French Quarter•4.2
- HMHallieMR23vipNew Orleans / Louisiana •13 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023We had the best time at Drag Brunch! Everything was excellent from the gorgeous atmosphere to the food and the performances were so fun! Highly recommend.More infoThe Country Club$$$$• Creole / Cajun / Southern• Bywater•4.8
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in Bywater
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
14 restaurants vital to New Orleans
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of New Orleans dining right now.
The best places to grab a drink in New Orleans
New Orleans’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
These 10 New Orleans restaurants nail outdoor dining
New Orleans’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Celebrate your special occasions at these top 13 New Orleans restaurants
New Orleanians tend to mark time by food seasons rather than the standard calendar flip. The hottest months belong to frozen daiquiris and technicolor snoballs. Spring brings families and friends together over spicy spreads of boiled crawfish. In a city that puts food and drink at the center of its life and not just the center of the table, eating and drinking is always a special occasion. When it comes to celebrating a birthday, graduation, or just feeling alive in the Big Easy, the stage is set with buckets of seafood, cocktails shaken and stirred in James Beard Award-winning bars, and grand dining rooms that have hosted generations of milestone events and special occasions. These are the 15 best restaurants to book across the Crescent City for many different celebrations.
4 Must-Book Restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants are the beating heart of this festive city, and to say they’ve had a tough few years would be putting it mildly. The good news is that hospitality is calling again, and nobody does it better than the restaurateurs, chefs, servers, and bartenders that call the Big Easy home. Superior service continues to set New Orleans’s restaurant scene apart. Among the standouts, there’s a brand-new izakaya helmed by a meticulous executive chef who spent time in Japan and a Mid-City tapas bar that churns out a one-of-its-kind, afterhours brunch for the midnight munchies. Book one, book all, and be warmly welcomed at these four new restaurants, representing the best of New Orleans right now.
9 romantic restaurants for date night in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants have hosted lovers and trysts for more than 300 years. Couples looking for romance are sure to find it in the Big Easy, whether it’s in the embrace of a velvet-clad hotel lounge or an intimate, family-owned neighborhood joint. Butter up your beau with a steak and martini at an iconic Mid-City steakhouse. Tuck into a tasting menu fit for royalty at a Japanese jewel box in the Central Business District. There’s a table for every kind of date across this festive city. Read on for a guide to 9 New Orleans restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
The historic New Orleans neighborhood of Bywater fully embraces the Big Easy vibe. There aren't a lot of fussy, formal restaurants in Bywater, but there is a lot of good food. Among the local favorites are a little hole in the wall offering shrimp poboys and creole potatoes. A short walk away is a pizza joint that also serves upscale American-Italian specialties like duck papardelle. Fall-off-the-bone barbecue is a staple of the neighborhood and comes with all the fixin's. One of the most popular eateries in Bywater is actually a wine bar, but the mussels and pork shoulder are as good as the spirits.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Bywater is The Country Club
- Mardi Gras RV Park
- Rotunda Shopping Center
- Maison Mazant
- Holy Cross Historic District
- Kenilworth Park
- Econo Lodge New Orleans
- Clarion Inn New Orleans near Lakefront Arena
- Federal City Inn & Suites
- Royal GuestHouse
- Werner Playground
- Miltenberger Park
- Robert Playground
- Bywater Historic District
- Read Boulevard Shopping Center
- Gentilly Woods Shopping Center
- Balcony Guest House
- Mccarty Square Historical
- Family Inns New Orleans
- Barrow Stadium
- Rodeway Inn & Suites New Orleans Lakefront