Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
The Good Food Guide (2023) says: "A fittingly quaint old building, complete with original features, given a suave modern twist via grey panelling and contemporary furniture. Chef-proprietor Martin Peacock has built his menu on classical French traditions and impeccable sourcing and there’s real creativity and originality on show here. The international wine list offers a decent but not overlong selection, with accessible pricing.
Vegetarian: we will always offer at least one starter and one main vegetarian choice. However, we cannot cater for vegans.
Please note, due to customer allergies, we cannot allow dogs on the premises.
Our food is guided by the seasons and our menu is ingredient led so changes based on what we have available to us. We primarily use British produce and work with local suppliers to ensure we always source the very best ingredients we can get our hands on.
Head Chef Drew King is focused on using quality, seasonal, local ingredients and cooking them perfectly. He has a broad range of experience having worked in Michelin Star restaurants. and is able to adapt to the requirements of the guest and the occasion.
Please note dogs are not allowed in the Restaurant. Bookings are for the Restaurant only. We do not reserve for The Bar and outside seating areas.
- OTOpenTable DinerLondon •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoDelicious food created and served with real care and pride. Scallop starter excellent, lamb prosciutto a little too strong/gamey to my taste but clearly top-notch quality, lovely lemon sole and the guinea fowl in puff pastry was outstanding and very filling! Good selection of wines by the glass, charming waitress - wish this little bistro was in my town!More infoLandgate BistroPrice: Expensive• British• Rye•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerKent •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoExcellent food in beautiful surroundings, very good service by friendly, attentive staff, very good value for moneyMore infoThe Mermaid InnPrice: Expensive• British• Rye•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerEast Sussex •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoFirst time I have been to The George since it reopened and it certainly will not be the last. Every aspect made it a very enjoyable evening.More infoThe George in RyePrice: Moderate• British• Rye•4.2
- ACAC72019Dublin •2 reviews5.0Dined on 24 Nov 2023Amazing! Just brilliant all around, great service, delicious food and excellent ambienceMore infoMarco's Mediterranean KitchenPrice: Expensive• Mediterranean• Rye•4.4
- PMPM40vipLondon •15 reviews5.0Dined on 24 Nov 2023Revisiting after a year and food, cocktails and service remain in of an exceptionally high standard. Pork croquettes, steak and roasted veg all super tasty. Elegantly designed Rose Martini and Pisco Sour. Basque cheesecake to finish was epic.More infoThe UnionPrice: Expensive• Contemporary British• Rye•4.5
Frequently asked questions
As of December 2, 2023 there are 6 restaurants in Rye. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find British, Contemporary British, Pub, Mediterranean and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your booking today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Rye who deliver with Deliveroo, Postmates, Toast, Uber Eats, Just Eat.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeaway.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Rye either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.