Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Haywards is located on the outskirts of the beautiful Epping Forest and historical Epping town centre. A sophisticated and elegant environment, the building is a converted skittle alley and still retains many original features. Haywards is owned and run by husband-and-wife team Amanda and Jahdre Hayward, and their experience and passion for offering high quality and exciting dishes is evident throughout your visit. Staff are well trained and offer exceptional customer service and the interesting and exciting dishes created in the kitchen consistently receive high praise. Although not open as a restaurant any longer, Haywards was awarded 3AA Rosettes in 2019 in addition to a number of accolades prior to this.
The key to our success is simple: providing quality, consistent food that taste great every single time. We pride ourselves on serving the finest dishes in Epping. Using classic French and English techniques with a modern twist. We serve à la carte menu Wednesday - Saturday and are sure we can WOW even the finest of pallets.
Always stock a vast array of drinks from real ales to cocktails, fresh Coffee & more.
We boast Epping’s largest beer garden and have a great space for the kids to play.
We are available for part and full hire for all events.
Muddy boots and dogs are welcome in our bar area.
Eat delicious food. Grab a drink. But most of all, relax! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your continued support.
Join us for a delightful evening with your friends or that special someone. On Fridays and Saturdays, we amp up the excitement with live entertainment in our restaurant, creating the perfect atmosphere for you to groove, though we kindly request you keep your dancing feet off the tables!
For an even more enchanting experience, consider reserving one of our Suites, allowing you to savour the magic just a bit longer. The Funky Monk is where cherished memories are made, so come and dine with us soon!
- PCPaulCEssex •1 review5.0Dined on 18 Nov 2023Great Night had by all. The food was brilliant and Howard and his team really looked after us. The live music was also really good. We cant wait to comebackMore infoFunky MonkPrice: Expensive• Fish• Epping•4.1
- CTCarolT1 review5.0Dined on 19 Oct 2023Our first time at Elios and it was a great experience and we will definitely be back again soon.More infoEliosPrice: Expensive• Italian• Epping•4.6
- SNShannonNnnvipHertfordshire •6 reviews5.0Dined on 2 Sept 2023Fabulous!!!!! Had the best time , really sad to hear they are closing down , would love to go back. ♥️More infoHaywards RestaurantPrice: Very Expensive• Modern European• Epping•4.8
- PMPaulaMNew York / Tri-State Area •5 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023Lovely food best roast had out for a long time , service excellentMore infoThe Merry Fiddlers RestaurantPrice: Expensive• British• Epping•4.4
- GGzamLondon •1 review4.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023Maybe New Year's Day isn't the best day to make this place shine as I've been before and the service was fantastic, it just wasn't so polished this time. Roasts were superb, cauliflower bites were a bit run-of-the-mill, and you can't ruin scampi and chips really. Puddings were mixed with the Brownie the clear winner and the crumble the very sad lower, seemed to consist of frozen fruits of the forest with some biscuity-oaty stuff thrown on top. A deconstructed crumble maybe at best, either way not great. I'd still go back as the roasts really do taste great 👍More infoThe New BoarPrice: Expensive• Mediterranean• Romford•4.3
Frequently asked questions
As of December 1, 2023 there are 7 restaurants in Epping. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Fish, British, Modern European, Italian, Contemporary British and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your booking today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Epping who deliver with Postmates, Deliveroo, Toast, Uber Eats, Just Eat.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeaway.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Epping either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.