Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
With over 25 years of experience collectively, bartender brothers Joe and Daniel Schofield always had a vision to return to their home city of Manchester to open their eponymous venue;
SCHOFIELD’S BAR graces the corner of Sunlight House, one of the most iconic buildings in the north of England.
The art deco masterpiece of architect Joseph Sunlight was the tallest building in Manchester upon completion during the 1930s, a decade of great importance for cocktail culture. An era of grand and luxurious bars, known for their hospitality and classic cocktails.
Please note that we are only able to accept a handful of reservations each day as we are a walk-in led venue so please do not be put off visiting us if you are unable to reserve. All reservations are only guaranteed 2 hours at the table.
Hotel. You can expect live music, vintage spirits, rare wine and elegant cocktails all
served alongside bar snacks.
Please note that we only able to accept a certain amount of reservations each day as we leave a lot of tables for walk-ins, so please do not be put off visiting us if you are unable to reserve.
We have a 15 minute grace period for each booking.
We are a seated venue only and all reservations are guaranteed 2 hours at the table.
We are an over 18's only venue and do not accept cash.
Our menu takes you on a journey through Asia where you can enjoy sushi & sashimi, small dishes such as prawn tempura, and large dishes including the likes of slow-cooked pork belly and avocado crispy tofu. All our meals are the perfect match for our theatrical drinks and cocktails.
On the weekend, our vibrant destination comes alive with entertainment, music, and DJs, encouraging you to stay and play late into the night.
You can find all this in Northern Quarter, Manchester, only a few min walk from the iconic Arndale Centre.
Family run restaurant with homely, warm atmosphere. If you're lucky you may even be able to catch the owner around the restaurant floor and you might want to know that he is also the head chef. But be careful! He does love to have a bit of a chat :)
The restaurant is open Wednesday to Saturday at dinnertime and Friday and Saturday lunchtime.
At lunch a £40pp seasonal set sharing menu is offered alongside an à la carte menu.
At dinner both à la carte and a seasonal set sharing menu at £55pp are available.
We often hold space for walk-ins at the kitchen bar counter so pop by and have some plates and a glass of wine!
Reservations of up to ten guests are accepted. For parties of 6x guests and over, the seasonal set sharing menu is served.
The Blues Kitchen has the largest selection of bourbon, whiskey and rye in the city.
Expect live shows every night with club nights every Friday and Saturday.
The Ivy Spinningfields will occupy an impressive, timber framed space within a new development, The Pavilion, surrounded by greenery yet located in the heart of the city.
On the top floor of The Ivy Spinningfields, will be Manchester’s first Roof Garden. With a fully retractable roof, the spectacular space will be open all year round. Guests will enjoy food and cocktails alongside an abundance of planting, greenery and foliage, roaring fire pits and colourful fabrics, all creating an enchanting oasis in the heart of Manchester.
- OTOpenTable DinerLondon •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoThis was for a lovely early birthday celebration meal with a friend and it did not disappoint. The ambience is lively, the food very tasty, you can't fault the service, and the decor is outstanding. It is on the more expensive side but you go there expecting to pay for the experience. My only note would be that the drinks are quite pricey for the amount you get. Overall though, a great experience and very nicely presented, great-tasting food. The kimchi fried rice, chicken dishes and cinnamon doughnuts are wonderfulMore infoSexy Fish ManchesterPrice: Very Expensive• Contemporary Asian• Manchester•4.2
- OTOpenTable DinerManchester/Greater Manchester •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoWhat an amazing restaurant - I’m not surprised it’s so popular. Apart from the obvious central location, the food is absolutely delicious - both the main course (I had pasta) and the desserts (the tiramisù was incredibly tasty). The ambience achieved there is a mixture of relaxed yet vibrant. What really stood out to me though was the friendliness of the staff. Veronica, our table waitress, was just the right amount of attentive, professional, friendly and efficient and she had a good sense of humour. I don’t often get chance to speak Italian (I’m British) but it was good to do so with her … and it’s always impressive when an Italian restaurant has a few Italian staff! Piccolino is clearly a well-run restaurant with a focus on a high quality of food, wine and customer service. Highly recommended.More infoPiccolino Caffe Grande ManchesterPrice: Expensive• Italian• Manchester•4.4
- CSChrisSManchester/Greater Manchester •4 reviews4.0Dined 2 days agoSon of a nut cracker burger absolutely delicious!!!!More infoAlmost Famous - Great NorthernPrice: Moderate• Burgers• Manchester•4.5
- FOFirtinaOLondon •3 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoThe staff were very helpful, the food was superb. We really recommend this place especially for occasions.More infoLucky Cat ManchesterPrice: Expensive• Asian• Manchester•4.4
- OTOpenTable DinerLondon •6 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023Excellent quality of food from the mouth watering steak to the sides. Once you eat a steak at Hawksmoor you can not eat steak anywhere else. The sides are plenty to go around. Steaks well prepared and worth it. The welcome was warm and professional, attention to detail. A truly great experience one worth trying. Definitely will be going to Hawksmoor for my next steak.More infoHawksmoor ManchesterPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Manchester•4.7
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Manchester is The Ivy Brasserie, Spinningfields
- Palace Theatre Manchester
- Manchester Academy
- Library Theatre Manchester
- Manchester Museum
- Bridgewater Hall Manchester
- The Lowry
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Manchester Town Hall
- Royal Exchange Manchester
- Old Trafford Cricket Ground
- Manchester Evening News Arena
- The Velodrome Manchester
- G-Mex Centre
- Manchester Opera House
- Contact Theatre Manchester
- Imperial War Museum North
- Whitworth Art Gallery Manchester
- Manchester Cathedral
- Capitol Theatre Manchester
- Old Trafford Stadium