Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Drinks for Acres are supplied by the Vault, our new beer, wine, & cocktail bar located in Ashridge House’s former Evidence Room. With a warm and intimate atmosphere infused with history, the Vault is the perfect spot to enjoy fine wines, hand-crafted spirits, elegant cocktails and local beers. Singer Alex Jones joins us in The Vault every Sunday in February and March to perform live jazz music, perfect to enjoy after Sunday Lunch and relax into the afternoon.
Images and menus are only for reference as we regularly change our dishes according to seasonal availability.
A charming village pub nestled in the heart of Berkhamsted market town along the picturesque Grand Junction Canal.
Our historic pub dating back to the 18th century, offers a fresh, seasonal menu coupled with local cask, world lagers and an extensive wine list. All of which can be enjoyed in our rustic, country setting.
- HBHeidiBHertfordshire •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoWe love the Crystal Palace - the food is always really good. I was disappointed that they had run out of trout, but the burger was really good. Only 1 waitress made the wait for drink's longer & when we arrived the restaurant was full, so she had a lot of covers - not her fault, but it definitely affected the service.. 25 mins from point of order for the drinks to arrive.More infoCrystal PalacePrice: Moderate• Gastro Pub• Berkhamsted•3.2
- CHCHitchBuckinghamshire •1 review4.0Dined 6 days agoService was excellent, food was very good but felt food and drink was slightly overpriced.More infoThe Fat BuddhaPrice: Moderate• Indian• Berkhamsted•4.6
- JJJayJayLondon •4 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoExcellent vegan options and a lovely lunch time menu. Spot on service, food freshly prepared and served beautifully. Had a very good three course lunch date before a cinema trip. Highly recommend for a classy and delicious lunch.More infoLussmanns - BerkhamstedPrice: Moderate• Modern European• Berkhamsted•4.7
- DODanielO1 review5.0Dined on 11 Nov 2023We went for my partners birthday for the very first time. We enjoyed the food and the service was excellent. Its a shame its so quiet it could to be advertised more locally and in the cafe on site to attract more customers. I would highly recommend this restaurant. We will be returning at a later date.More infoACRES at Ashridge HousePrice: Expensive• Contemporary British• Berkhamsted•4.2
- OTOpenTable DinerHertfordshire •1 review4.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023Had a lovely Sunday roast and n New Year’s Day! Was a great way to bring in the new year. Food was good, and even our 2 year old liked it! (He’s very picky) Will be returning for sure!!More infoThe bull fish bar and grillPrice: Moderate• Gastro Pub• Berkhamsted•4.7
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Berkhamsted is Lussmanns - Berkhamsted