Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Open for food and drink from Wednesday to Sunday, No. 59 Restaurant is the perfect place for a coffee, a light lunch, a drink with friends or a fine dining experience.
Whether you seek solitude, bustling market towns, ancient heritage sites or unspoilt countryside – at the Granby Inn, all lie within easy reach for you to enjoy.
We offer Bed and Breakfast accommodation nestled on the banks of the River Coquet in the tranquil hamlet of Weldon Bridge, near Morpeth, Northumberland.
The Anglers Arms has gained an enviable reputation for providing fantastic food for every occasion whether its a quick sandwich at the bar, a relaxing pub lunch with some friends or a romantic meal for a special occasion.
The Anglers Arms can provide a truly unique venue for a wedding reception or private party with meals and catering to suit all tastes and budgets. Take a look at our wedding section for more information.
We also have our own, private stretch of the River Coquet available to guests on a day ticket basis who are keen to test their angling skills on one of England’s most renowned game fishing rivers.
A classic British pub at the heart of the village community
The Plough retains all of its charm & warmth of welcome for both regulars and visitors alike. Located on the main street in the village of Ellington, this impressive old coaching inn offers something for everyone.
Our menus serve the best of local and traditional pub food. Featuring reworked classic English dishes with creative and tasty touches, you owe it to yourself to try one of our delicious meals.
We also pride ourselves on having a great drinks range! There’s a selection of local and regional ales, ciders and a number of our favourite wines. You won’t be disappointed!
Wanting to bring your canine friend? No problem, our bar area is also dog friendly!
- ATArthurTNewcastle and Northumberland •2 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoFood and service were excellent, if I had to be critical then our table position could have been better, although the restaurant was full to capacity, will certainly visit the morpeth town house in the near future many thanks and a merryxmas to all your staffMore infoNo. 59 Restaurant @ Townhouse MorpethPrice: Expensive• British• Morpeth•4.8
- JMJamesMCheshire •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoLovey experience from the moment we arrived. Tucked away from the lively bustle of the city, this little gem is full of character inside. Excellent staff who were always more than happy to help. The food was the star of the show, opening with the Camembert and bread to share followed by the prime beef and duck confit we were not disappointed and the dauphinois on the side just rounded the meal off perfectly. To finish we had the dessert special of the evening, apple crumble, packed full of flavour. The bottle of Malbec we ordered for the table went down a treat, highly recommend.More infoThe French QuarterPrice: Expensive• French• Newcastle upon Tyne•4.8
- JDJohnDNewcastle and Northumberland •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoWe've eaten around at some of the top venues in Newcastle and 21, I would think, is the one to beat now. Everything was just right, The welcoming reception, the glass of bubbly at the bar while perusing the menu, the food, the wine and the ambiance. We could not find fault.More info21Price: Expensive• British• Newcastle upon Tyne•4.8
- SSoooNewcastle and Northumberland •10 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoA fabulous Christmas Menu, each course was sublime. We had: black pudding, leek and potato soup and goats cheese with walnuts and beetroot. My friends opted for the Turkey main course which was delicious, apparently, and I paid the supplement for Beef Wellington and mustard mash. Puddings were a difficult choice but I had the chocolate Yule log and my friends had boozy plum pavlova! Starting with a glass of fizz and ending with a cup of tea and mince pie, the 3-course meal was well worth £45 per head. Blackfriars staff are always attentive and friendly and, although being optional, the 10% service charge was very well-deserved. Finally, my friend received a birthday card and decorated dessert. Can't wait to go back!More infoBlackfriars RestaurantPrice: Expensive• British• Newcastle upon Tyne•4.6
- JMJohnMNewcastle and Northumberland •2 reviews4.0Dined on 14 Nov 2023Went on a Tuesday lunch time. The four of us were the only customers for most of the time so lacking some atmosphere. Decent food and good service. Very good valueMore infoPloughPrice: Moderate• Gastro Pub• Morpeth•4.4
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Morpeth is No. 59 Restaurant @ Townhouse Morpeth