New Orleans Restaurants
Make a free reservation
Restaurant experiences trending in New Orleans / Louisiana
Check out diners' favourite restaurants in New Orleans
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We still hand-cut every steak when you place your order tableside. It’s not the easiest way, but quality never is. This allows us to make sure that every steak that leaves our kitchen is consistently succulent and flavorful.
This is our pledge to you. Join us!
The wood-fire oven is central to both the menu and the dining experience, from the incredible homemade, wood-fired pita to vegetable-centric small plates and heartier entrees. Many of the dishes on the diverse menu are meant to be shared and enjoyed throughout many courses.
Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners & national & local food critics alike. Executive Chef Mike Nelson ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe & featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness & quality are some of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily. GW Fins has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune, Food & Wine, Southern Living, & Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
Experience the delightful tradition of afternoon tea at Le Salon. Sip from a selection of 30 of the finest loose-leaf variety brews while your ears enjoy soft melodies from a harpist or pianist from the LA Philharmonic Orchestra. Enjoy an assortment of delicious tea sandwiches, scones and sweets as you engage in one of New Orleans locals most beloved and fashionable pastimes.
If your preferred reservation time is not available through Open Table, please call the restaurant directly to check availability at (985) 276-4994.
Our dining experience is also available at the Bar. Bar seats are on a first come first serve basis.
With sophisticated touches and a cultured aesthetic, Odelia is your new favorite place for an elevated café and wine bar experience at affordable prices. Family-run and focused on the thoughtful details, a visit to Odelia is designed to feel like an escape to another time or place. Come for a macchiato, stay for the chardonnay.
Some outdoor seating is available. If you would like to request outdoor seating, please do so when you arrive.
We book up for Drag Brunch six months out, HOWEVER, as people cancel reservations they immediately become available online, so be sure to check back often. For Parties over 20 people please contact us directly.
Hidden away in the Bywater neighborhood, The Country Club offers an elegant escape from everyday living. Our beautiful restaurant and bar deliver exquisite food and drink in sophisticated surroundings. We offer chef-driven cuisine inspired by Italian-French and Creole-Southern heritages. Our incredible menus by Chef Chris Barbato, formerly of Commander’s Palace, has all the foodies talking. Our award-winning wine program features more than 140 bottles from 13 countries and its very own private label wines.
Brewery Saint X, located at the corner of Girod and Loyola on the ground floor of The Odeon at South Market, will feature a full array of craft beer styles, focusing especially on classic German and British offerings, with a nod toward traditional lager brewing and cask ale production along with hop-forward ales and experimental sours.
Our brewery will pour no fewer than 12 drafts and 2 casks for on-site enjoyment, along with a selection of freshly canned beer available to-go. The state-of-the-art draft and cask system will ensure that all beers are served at the proper temperature and with proper texture; in addition to the traditional hand-pump cask system for dispensing real ale, Czech-style side-pull faucets will be utilized to best express the creamy softness of great lager beer.
See what locals rave about in New Orleans
- HHeathervipAustin •15 reviews5.0Dined on 2 Jan 2023This restaurant was recommended by locals and the seafood was very good. Amazing oyster selection and overall good food. Service was great but very, very slow.More infoLuke$$$$• French• Central Business District•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerNew Orleans / Louisiana •1 review5.0Dined on 2 Jan 2023We went to Brennans for a New Years dinner as well as a late celebratory dinner for my 2 year olds birthday dinner. I had a 2 year old, a 6 year old and my spouse present. My children were fairly noisy, and playful and the wait staff were very friendly and helpful as well as brought them cotton candy and treats to the table. I never felt uncomfortable having children present for fine dining, and had a great dinner experience. The traditional cabbage and black eyed pea single bite appetizer spoons were delicious, even my 6 year old loved it. My waitress was a sweet younger woman originally from New England, She wore glasses and I hate that I can’t remember her name, but she was very soft spoken and sweet and made the experience much more enjoyable. We will be back to try the 2nd quarter menu but this time as an adults only New Orleans vacation.More infoBrennan's$$$$• Creole• French Quarter•4.8
- EGEricGNew York / Tri-State Area •7 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023Amazing food and service. Hotel is beautiful.More infoDomenica$$$$• Italian• Central Business District•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerLas Vegas •2 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023Wonderful service and ambience. All of the food was good and most excellent. We were at Jazz Brunch and the musicians were excellent and definitely added to the experience. Absolutely would recommend to anyoneMore infoAntoine's$$$$• Creole• French Quarter•4.2
- MHMaxineHNew Orleans / Louisiana •2 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023As a resident of New Orleans, I normally recommend this restaurant to my clients and company visiting New Orleans. My. clients are always happy with their service, so I decided to try it out. It was nice meeting the staff face-to-face that assist me with my reservations. The food was fabulous. We ordered the redfish with pecan topping. OMG! The manager, Marcus Benoit and Katie, the hostess was very accommodating. The servers were awesome!More infoMeril$$$$• Contemporary American• Warehouse District•4.6
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in New Orleans
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
14 restaurants vital to New Orleans
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of New Orleans dining right now.
The best places to grab a drink in New Orleans
New Orleans’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
These 10 New Orleans restaurants nail outdoor dining
New Orleans’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Celebrate your special occasions at these top 13 New Orleans restaurants
New Orleanians tend to mark time by food seasons rather than the standard calendar flip. The hottest months belong to frozen daiquiris and technicolor snoballs. Spring brings families and friends together over spicy spreads of boiled crawfish. In a city that puts food and drink at the center of its life and not just the center of the table, eating and drinking is always a special occasion. When it comes to celebrating a birthday, graduation, or just feeling alive in the Big Easy, the stage is set with buckets of seafood, cocktails shaken and stirred in James Beard Award-winning bars, and grand dining rooms that have hosted generations of milestone events and special occasions. These are the 15 best restaurants to book across the Crescent City for many different celebrations.
4 Must-Book Restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants are the beating heart of this festive city, and to say they’ve had a tough few years would be putting it mildly. The good news is that hospitality is calling again, and nobody does it better than the restaurateurs, chefs, servers, and bartenders that call the Big Easy home. Superior service continues to set New Orleans’s restaurant scene apart. Among the standouts, there’s a brand-new izakaya helmed by a meticulous executive chef who spent time in Japan and a Mid-City tapas bar that churns out a one-of-its-kind, afterhours brunch for the midnight munchies. Book one, book all, and be warmly welcomed at these four new restaurants, representing the best of New Orleans right now.
9 romantic restaurants for date night in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants have hosted lovers and trysts for more than 300 years. Couples looking for romance are sure to find it in the Big Easy, whether it’s in the embrace of a velvet-clad hotel lounge or an intimate, family-owned neighborhood joint. Butter up your beau with a steak and martini at an iconic Mid-City steakhouse. Tuck into a tasting menu fit for royalty at a Japanese jewel box in the Central Business District. There’s a table for every kind of date across this festive city. Read on for a guide to 9 New Orleans restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
Discover New Orleans
French, Spanish and Creole influences evolved New Orleans cuisine into a genre all its own. Combine Gulf coast seafood, a butter-based sauce and Cajun spices, and you’re looking at a classic Nola dish. Take the famed crawfish boil, for instance, which locals advise is best eaten as a family. In the aftermath of hurricane Katrina, the restaurant industry banded together to support their city in the wake of serious devastation. New restaurants began opening their doors, and today you’ll find a wealth of cuisines that span the classics to modern reinventions to everything in between.
Frequently asked questions
Dog friendly restaurants in New Orleans include The Bower, Antoine's and Atchafalaya Restaurant
Child friendly restaurants in New Orleans include Domenica, Red Fish Grill and Brennan's