Central Business District Restaurants
Make a free reservation
Available for breakfast now in French Quarter
Outdoor dining in French Quarter
Check out diners' favourite restaurants in Central Business District
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Brewery Saint X, located at the corner of Girod and Loyola on the ground floor of The Odeon at South Market, will feature a full array of craft beer styles, focusing especially on classic German and British offerings, with a nod toward traditional lager brewing and cask ale production along with hop-forward ales and experimental sours.
Our brewery will pour no fewer than 12 drafts and 2 casks for on-site enjoyment, along with a selection of freshly canned beer available to-go. The state-of-the-art draft and cask system will ensure that all beers are served at the proper temperature and with proper texture; in addition to the traditional hand-pump cask system for dispensing real ale, Czech-style side-pull faucets will be utilized to best express the creamy softness of great lager beer.
Our daily omakase menu is created around the best seasonal ingredients available. Please provide any allergies or dietary restrictions with your reservation so that we may be able to ensure your best possible experience.
Experience the delightful tradition of afternoon tea at Le Salon. Sip from a selection of 30 of the finest loose-leaf variety brews while your ears enjoy soft melodies from a harpist or pianist from the LA Philharmonic Orchestra. Enjoy an assortment of delicious tea sandwiches, scones and sweets as you engage in one of New Orleans locals most beloved and fashionable pastimes.
Our menu offers Crispy Shrimp Tacos, Tuna Ceviche, Chicken Tortilla Soup, Cuban Sandwich, Ginger Salmon, Jamaican Jerk Fish and a Strip Steak with chimichurri sauce.
Save room for dessert so you don’t miss out on our Banana Crème Pie, Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich, Key Lime Pie or Tres Leches.
Our signature cocktails include “Climate Change” a hibiscus infused margarita with a fiery three-chili ice ball providing the catch phrase: “the longer you wait….the hotter it gets” Also try our “Bloody Jerk” which contains our house-made Bloody Mary mix. We dare say it’s the best version of a Bloody Mary New Orleans has to offer.
We look forward to serving you!
Reservations strongly encouraged, but not required based availability.
While the menu is rooted in tradition, our chefs focus on elevating Italian ingredients and classic flavors to create modern classics, adapted for the contemporary palate of New Orleans. The fresh pastas made by hand daily, roasted vegetables, meats and Napolitano style pizzas, all prepared in the restaurant’s iconic wood oven, are perfectly complemented by custom-brewed beers, seasonal craft cocktails and an Italian-focused wine list.
We are open at 10:00am for Saints home games at noon, we look forward to serving you before the game!
Restaurant experiences trending in French Quarter
- Special menu
Exclusive Offer on these Premium Meats!Gyu-Kaku - New Orleans, LAWarehouse DistrictUS$40.00 per personReserve
- Special menu
$24 Two Course LunchAntoine'sFrench QuarterUS$24.00 per personReserve
- Special menu
The Prisoner Wine Company TasteMaker DinnerRuth's Chris Steak House - New OrleansCentral Business DistrictUS$125.00 per personReserve
- Special menu
NOWFE Rombauer Wine DinnerBroussard's RestaurantFrench QuarterUS$160.00 per personReserve
- Special menu
2 Course LunchRalph's on the ParkMid-City / City ParkUS$25.00 per personReserve
- Special menu
Reynolds Family Winery NOWFE DinnerJack Rose - New OrleansUptownUS$200.00 per personReserve
- Special menu
New Orleans Wine & Food Experience Wine DinnerTommy's CuisineWarehouse DistrictUS$100.00 per personReserve
- Special menu
New Orleans Wine and Food Event- NOWFE Wine DinnerVyoones Restaurant (Yvonnes)Warehouse DistrictUS$165.00 per personReserve
See what locals rave about in Central Business District
- MMattDallas - Fort Worth •3 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoGreat place with great food and service! Would definitely recommend.More infoJosephine Estelle$$$$• Contemporary Italian• Central Business District•4.1
- HHeathervipAustin •15 reviews5.0Dined on 2 Jan 2023This restaurant was recommended by locals and the seafood was very good. Amazing oyster selection and overall good food. Service was great but very, very slow.More infoLuke$$$$• French• Central Business District•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerBaton Rouge / Lafayette •1 review5.0Dined on 2 Jan 2023Phenomenal! Me and my girlfriend celebrated our anniversary here and we couldn’t have chosen a better restaurant to dine at. Our server Chelle was great and the food was awesome. I love the wine flight options of half glasses. Ended up leaving with 3 bottles to go. Will definitely come backMore infoCopper Vine$$$$• Contemporary American• Central Business District•4.7
- MMichianafoodiesvipIndiana •41 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023We are never disappointed when we dine here. It is the one restaurant we will continually return to on our visits to New Orleans although we like to try out ones we have not been to yet. Steaks are the best we have had anywhere in the US!More infoChophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks$$$$• Steakhouse• Central Business District•4.8
- MHMaxineHNew Orleans / Louisiana •2 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023As a resident of New Orleans, I normally recommend this restaurant to my clients and company visiting New Orleans. My. clients are always happy with their service, so I decided to try it out. It was nice meeting the staff face-to-face that assist me with my reservations. The food was fabulous. We ordered the redfish with pecan topping. OMG! The manager, Marcus Benoit and Katie, the hostess was very accommodating. The servers were awesome!More infoMeril$$$$• Contemporary American• Warehouse District•4.6
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in Central Business District
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
14 restaurants vital to New Orleans
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of New Orleans dining right now.
The best places to grab a drink in New Orleans
New Orleans’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
These 10 New Orleans restaurants nail outdoor dining
New Orleans’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Celebrate your special occasions at these top 13 New Orleans restaurants
New Orleanians tend to mark time by food seasons rather than the standard calendar flip. The hottest months belong to frozen daiquiris and technicolor snoballs. Spring brings families and friends together over spicy spreads of boiled crawfish. In a city that puts food and drink at the center of its life and not just the center of the table, eating and drinking is always a special occasion. When it comes to celebrating a birthday, graduation, or just feeling alive in the Big Easy, the stage is set with buckets of seafood, cocktails shaken and stirred in James Beard Award-winning bars, and grand dining rooms that have hosted generations of milestone events and special occasions. These are the 15 best restaurants to book across the Crescent City for many different celebrations.
4 Must-Book Restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants are the beating heart of this festive city, and to say they’ve had a tough few years would be putting it mildly. The good news is that hospitality is calling again, and nobody does it better than the restaurateurs, chefs, servers, and bartenders that call the Big Easy home. Superior service continues to set New Orleans’s restaurant scene apart. Among the standouts, there’s a brand-new izakaya helmed by a meticulous executive chef who spent time in Japan and a Mid-City tapas bar that churns out a one-of-its-kind, afterhours brunch for the midnight munchies. Book one, book all, and be warmly welcomed at these four new restaurants, representing the best of New Orleans right now.
9 romantic restaurants for date night in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants have hosted lovers and trysts for more than 300 years. Couples looking for romance are sure to find it in the Big Easy, whether it’s in the embrace of a velvet-clad hotel lounge or an intimate, family-owned neighborhood joint. Butter up your beau with a steak and martini at an iconic Mid-City steakhouse. Tuck into a tasting menu fit for royalty at a Japanese jewel box in the Central Business District. There’s a table for every kind of date across this festive city. Read on for a guide to 9 New Orleans restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
Discover New Orleans
French, Spanish and Creole influences evolved New Orleans cuisine into a genre all its own. Combine Gulf coast seafood, a butter-based sauce and Cajun spices, and you’re looking at a classic Nola dish. Take the famed crawfish boil, for instance, which locals advise is best eaten as a family. In the aftermath of hurricane Katrina, the restaurant industry banded together to support their city in the wake of serious devastation. New restaurants began opening their doors, and today you’ll find a wealth of cuisines that span the classics to modern reinventions to everything in between.
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in Central Business District. Our customers recommend Restaurant August, Chophouse New Orleans – Prime Steaks and Luke
As of June 5, 2023 there are 37 restaurants in Central Business District. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Steakhouse, French, Contemporary French / American, Italian, Seafood and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Central Business District who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeaway.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Central Business District either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Hotel de L'eau Vive
- Windsor Court Hotel
- International House Hotel
- DoubleTree by Hilton New Orleans
- New Orleans Train Station
- Super Bowl 20
- New Orleans Arena
- Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
- Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans French Quarter
- Giani by Stay Alfred
- New Orleans Marriott
- New Orleans Saints Stadium
- Omni Royal Crescent Hotel
- The Roosevelt Hotel New Orleans - Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Orleans Downtown/French Quarter Area
- La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown
- Hampton Inn Downtown / French Quarter Area
- Loft 523
- Holiday Inn New Orleans-Downtown Superdome
- Blake Hotel New Orleans, an Ascend Collection Hotel