San Diego Restaurants
Make a free reservation
Book for late dinner in San Diego
Award winning restaurants in San Diego
Check out diners' favourite restaurants in San Diego
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Our cozy full bar is also the perfect place to enjoy your drink and food while watching some sports!
Come find us.
Our 8 person sushi bar and 20 person patio is located in a discrete corner of La Jolla, a setting well suited to our name, which translate to "Secret" in Japanese.
Chef Mitsu Aihara presents a menu of traditional sushi and nigiri, along with Japanese style tapas using the high quality products and ingredients.
We offer a large selection of Tapas plates to share between friends & family
but also normal size dishes if you don't want to share !
Our beers on tap selection highlights breweries from San Diego County and our wine selection from all around the world will make any wine lover happy too !
Everything you will eat at Tapas & Beers will be made from scratch to order with fresh and mostly organic ingredients !
Discover why our place isso highly rated !
Zest Wine Bistro’s intimate and cozy interior is the perfect place for evening noshing and sipping. You’ll find a small menu featuring elaborate charcuterie boards, small plates and sweets. Our wine menu highlights premium wines not typically found by the glass, as well as lesser known labels from all over the world. An eclectic beer list showcases global markets, as well as local craft brews.
Executive Chef Matt Sramek’s menu includes a number of share-friendly filets, chops, Japanese A5 wagyu, and dry-aged prime steak, an expansive selection of seafood appetizers including raw oysters from both East & West coasts, Alaskan King Crab, ice-cold shellfish & crudo, healthy salads, and rustic, wood fire-roasted side dishes, in addition to a handful of freshly composed seasonal seafood entrées.
Stake Chophouse & Bar is the only restaurant in Coronado that received the Best of Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator for 6 years in a row! Our experienced sommeliers can help pair the perfect wines with your dish.
- Daily Happy Hour (At the bar & Orange ave patio): 4pm-6:30pm (designated happy hour seatings are on first come first serve base.)
The menu at Baja Betty's features many expected options, such as a comprehensive quesadilla menu and array of satisfying combination platters. However, diners can also enjoy a build your own burrito or bowl, an array of house specialties and tacos and some stunning signature margaritas to wash it all down. The menu at Baja Betty's also offers a long list of tequilas and mezcals, a full range of appetizers, nachos, soups, salads and the best Taco Tuesday in town!
"The name came from all the years after my father passed visiting my mom every week in her kitchen/table with my brothers eating Italian food – us boys making pizza and pasta with her, including having friends and extended family over to share our table" – Jeff Oliveri
Tavola Nostra, which means “our table”, is owned and operated by Jeff Oliveri – a first-time restaurateur from a family of longtime restaurant owners. He hopes to honor his familial heritage and tradition with his Italian dining concept and experience.
Restaurant experiences trending in San Diego
See what locals rave about in San Diego
- OTOpenTable DinervipSan Diego •6 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoThe whole staff was very friendly, the food was wonderful, and so were our drinks! Josh served us and was immaculate and so were the bartenders, the hosting staff! Food was very good and so was the ambiance, will be returning!More infoinsideOUT$$$$• Californian• Hillcrest•4.7
- POPatrickOvipDallas - Fort Worth •6 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoReally enjoyed Javier’s. Great service and best salsa I have had in a long time. Highly recommend.More infoJavier's - La Jolla$$$$• Mexican• La Jolla•4.7
- AAmonor28San Diego •1 review5.0Dined on 2 Jan 2023It was my first time dining at North Italia and it was amazing, great service, excellent food and a really nice place, fully recommended!More infoNorth Italia - Fashion Valley$$$$• Italian• Mission Valley•4.7
- AVAntonyVSan Francisco Bay Area •1 review5.0Dined on 2 Jan 2023Madison had a great atmosphere and outstanding food. We enjoyed the music and ambiance. Service was fast, knowledgeable and friendly. Great location, and we appreciate that it was open on New Year's Day.More infoMadison$$$$• Modern European• University Heights•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerLos Angeles •3 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023Had a wonderful time celebrating my husband’s birthday with close friends. Service and quality of food was good. The salsas weren’t too impressive but guacamole was good. Sad that tortillas are extra cost but they do give you 4 of them which are kept hot inside the aluminum wrapping. Drinks are good and worth the price. Overall, we had a pleasant time. Thanks to the servers being so patient while we waited for a couple friends to arrive.More infoPuesto Mission Valley$$$$• Mexican• Mission Valley•4.6
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in San Diego
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Diego
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in San Diego
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Diego
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in LA
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in LA
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in San Diego. Our customers recommend Mister A's, Cesarina and Hell's Kitchen - Harrah's Resort Southern California
As of June 5, 2023 there are 694 restaurants in San Diego. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Italian, American, Seafood, Mexican, Steakhouse and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in San Diego who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeaway.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in San Diego either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Plaza De Balboa
- San Diego International Airport
- San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina
- North Park
- Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Downtown
- Downtown San Diego
- Little Italy
- Balboa Park, San Diego
- South Oceanside Park
- The Westgate Hotel
- Fashion Valley Mall
- DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
- Parkway Plaza Shopping Center
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
- Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine
- Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina
- Del Mar Race Track
- Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- Pechanga Resort and Casino
- Discover the Best Sushi in San Diego
- The Best Seafood Restaurants in San Diego
- The Most Famous Restaurants in San Diego
- The Best Bars for Foodies in San Diego
- The Most Fun Restaurants in San Diego
- The Best Cheap Eats in San Diego
- The Best Breakfast Restaurants in San Diego
- The Best Italian Restaurants in San Diego
- 50 San Diego Restaurants to Connect In For Mother's Day
- Taco-bout Tasty Tacos in San Diego
- The Most Romantic Restaurants in San Diego
- The Best Pizza in San Diego
- LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Diego
- The Best Burgers in San Diego
- LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Diego
- The Best Chinese Food in San Diego
- A Guide to the Best Date Spots in San Diego
- Discover the Best New Restaurants in San Diego
- The Best Steakhouse Restaurants in San Diego
- The Best Brunch Restaurants in San Diego