Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Monteiths bar & restaurant is nestled in a fairy-lit close in the heart of Edinburgh’s Old Town. The award winning venue is located just off the historic Royal Mile and combines chic cocktail bar with intimate restaurant. A favourite of locals and visitors alike, Monteiths is a must for relaxed dining and innovative cocktails.
Monteiths is by the team behind the White Horse Oyster Bar, Chop House Leith, Market St. & Bruntsfield.
A child or young person must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
0-5 from 12pm until 9pm
5-17 from 12pm until 10pm
Boasting interesting rustic décor, comfortable seating, friendly attentive staff, an impressive food menu expertly created by our culinary team consisting of the finest locally sourced produce including a large range of gourmet burgers, slow cooked meats, exciting side dishes and traditional desserts. We also have a separate bar area carry a large imported and craft beer selection as well as offering cocktails, premium spirits, wines, champagne, soft drinks and ice cream milkshakes.
Burgers & Beers is a must for anyone visiting the city and locals alike. We even have an outdoor seating area where you can wonder at the sites of the Royal Mile including the number one street performers spot right on our doorstep.
Inspired by our friends across the pond, we’ve taken our favourite American dishes and recreated them with a Scottish twist. We believe in great grub that tastes as good as it looks; breakfast, burgers, hot dogs – treat yourself!
You’ll find something you’ll love to sip on from our excellent selection of local beers, international wines and high-quality cocktails.
🧒 Under 18s welcome until 10pm with food
🍽️ Last food orders 10pm
🏉 We show sport
🏃 Walk-ins welcome
🍹 Bookings for food & drink and just drinks welcome
📅 Contact us directly for bookings of 11 or more
Make this December one to remember with friends, family and loved ones around you at our range of showstopping seasonal events!
From Party Nights, Festive Dining, Christmas Day celebrations and even hire exclusive spaces for more intimate celebrations too.
There’s something for every family, friend group, workplace and beyond.
Get in touch today by calling 0800 049 8302 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For Private Dining and parties of 9 or more guests please call 0800 049 8302 or contact email@example.com
Situated on Waterloo Place, just steps from Princes Street, this Georgian restaurant is the chicest place in the capital to enjoy delicious food and tipples.
- OTOpenTable DinerLondon •1 review5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023We were sat on table overlooking another table which was weird. Everything else spot on!!More infoBread Street Kitchen & Bar — EdinburghPrice: Expensive• Contemporary British• New Town•4.1
- AEAntonEgoLondon •9 reviews4.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023The usual quality but surprised some of the signature Menu items were not available so early in the evening. When I go to a restaurant I expect all menu items to be available.More infoHawksmoor EdinburghPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Edinburgh•4.5
- RJRobboJBBuckinghamshire •5 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023Fabulously cosy little bistro with great ambiance food and service!More infoWhiski RoomsPrice: Moderate• Scottish• Old Town•4.5
- JBJennyBEdinburgh/Midlothian •2 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023Full vegetarian menu and vegan options as well. Food was superb. I have recommended to my sister when she visits and hope to be back myself.More infoThe Ivy on the SquarePrice: Expensive• Contemporary British• Old Town•4.3
- DWDuncanWvipEdinburgh/Midlothian •29 reviews5.0Dined on 1 Jan 2023One of our most enjoyable visits to Gaucho and a great way to bring in the New Year. Thank you to Craig and the manageress for the wonderful and attentive service. Look forward to our next visit again soon.More infoGaucho EdinburghPrice: Very Expensive• Steak• Edinburgh•4.5
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in The Royal Mile is Giuliano's Union Place